Animal Care PA's Diversity, Equality & Inclusion Scholarship
An integral part of Animal Care PA's mission is to promote the advancement of veterinarians, certified veterinary technicians, and all members of the veterinary team by providing financial assistance to students in their educational years in hopes to lighten their debt load. The recipient of this scholarship will receive funds to use for tuition at an AVMA-accredited veterinary school.
- This scholarship will be awarded to current 2nd, 3rd, or 4th-year veterinary students originating (past or current residency) from Pennsylvania, and in good academic and professional standing at an AAVMC Member Institution (accredited school or college of veterinary medicine.
- Student must have a demonstrated record of contributing to enhancing diversity and inclusion through course projects, co-curricular activities, outreach, domestic and community engagement, research, and/or developed an early reputation for influencing others to be inclusive.
- Students must be nominated by their institution. See instructions on the application.
- The recipient(s) will be selected by the Animal Care PA Scholarship Committee and recommendations made to the Board of Trustees of Animal Care PA.
- The scholarship will be distributed in 1 installment in the Spring of the current year.
- The scholarship will be made payable to the recipient’s veterinary school, and will be restricted to educational expenses.
- The scholarship funds will be provided on an equal opportunity basis.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The deadline for all scholarship applications is January 31 of the current year. Any applications received after that date will be considered for the following calendar year.